Short summary of the steps required to install and configure the app.
Before starting make sure that the following prerequisites are installed, configured and working:
- Jira Service Management is installed and licensed.
- A project has been created for your Service Desk.
- Incoming email for the Service Desk has been configured and tested.
- Outgoing email notifications are enabled and working.
Install the app from the Atlassian Marketplace
There are two functionally equivalent versions of app, please use the correct one for your version of Jira / Jira Service Management:
|Jira||Jira Service Management version||App version|
|2||7.8.0-7.13.13||3.11.0 - 3.16.14||3.x.x|
Install the app from the Atlassian Marketplace.
The app is configured within the Project settings form for a specific Jira Service Management project:
- Login to Jira as a user with admin rights.
- Open a Jira Service Management project from the Projects menu at the top of any Jira page.
- At the bottom left hand side of the page, click on the cog icon to display the Project settings page for the project.
- In the Project Settings menu at the left, find and click on it.
- The current app settings for this project are displayed in a read-only view.
Ensure that the app is working correctly by:
- Creating an issue using a test Customer account with a configured email address.
- As an Agent, responding to the test issue with a comment including an attachment.
- Check that the email notification is received to the test Customer email address and that the attachment is included.