To temporarily enable logging for the app, please follow these steps:
- Log in to Jira as a user with Jira System Administrators global permission.
- From the Jira administration menu > System, select System support > Logging and profiling.
- Scroll down to the Default Loggers section and click on Configure logging level for another package.
- For Package name enter: cloud.bdq.jsdattachmentemailer
- For Logging level select: INFO
- Press the Add button to save.
Once this setting has been added, the app will log messages to the atlassian-jira.log file, which by default is located in the log subdirectory of the Jira home directory:
- Windows - C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\log
- Linux - /var/atlassian/application-data/JIRA/log
If the log file has been configured to use another directory or the product has been installed to a non-default path, refer to Jira's System Info page to locate the log file:
- From the Jira administration menu > System, select System support > System Info.
- File Paths > Location of atlassian-jira.log
Log entries prefixed with the text [c.b.jsdattachmentemailer] will be added to the log file for the following events:
- When the app listener is registered.
- When a comment is being processed after it has been added or edited to an issue in a project where the app has been enabled.
- A confirmation message when the email or emails have been sent successfully for a comment event.
- If any errors occur whilst processing the message.
- When the app listener is removed, e.g. if the app has been uninstalled.
Logging for the app will remain enabled until Jira is restarted or the logging level for the cloud.bdq.jsdattachmentemailer entry is set to OFF.