Before starting make sure that the following prerequisites are installed, configured and working:
- Jira Service Management application is installed and licensed.
- A project has been created for your Service Desk.
- Incoming email requests have been configured.
- Outgoing email notifications are enabled and working.
The following Atlassian support documentation should help you get these prerequisites set up, if you do not have them already configured:
- Installing Jira Service Management
- Setting up your service desk
- Receiving requests by email
- Troubleshoot email notifications in Jira Service Management
Character set encoding
If you are working with non-Latin1 character sets (for example, Cyrillic, Czech, Hungarian, etc.) see Character set encoding.